From Idea to Printing of Metal Construction
Project objective: modernizing the manufacturing industry by substantially building knowledge on 3D-printing, also termed additive manufacturing, of metal parts.
In 2030 tailored metallic products of many kinds can be developed, designed and 3Dprinted in the Kolarctic area, thanks to complementary cross-border cooperation, both for export and to fulfill regional needs, strongly supporting robust employment, infrastructure and wealth. The technique will enable new business and product ideas and will lead to much less negative environmental impact from manufacturing industry in the region.
Project duration: 2019-2022
Source of funding: Kolarctic CBC 2014-2020 programme
- Luleå University of Technology (Lead Partner),
- Northern (Arctic) Federal University named after M.V. Lomonosov,
- Association of oil and gas suppliers “Sozvezdye”,
- Mekinor Metall AB Sweden,
- Saltvik Plogen AS Norway,
- Filtra Group Oy Finland,
- University of Oulu Finland,
- UiT The Arctic University of Norway.
- Knowledge will be built in the region, namely technical, economic and environmental knowledge on 3D-printing of metals. This will be achieved through a number of advanced cross border cooperation events at advanced interactive level.
- 3D-printer for metal parts will be available in the programme core area; 3D-printed metal parts will be available as demonstrators, including operating skills and background information.
- A regional network of mutual support will be developed, including advanced distant communication, with new ideas and approaches developed.
- 3D-printing of metal parts will be initiated substantially in the regional manufacturing industry, at conceptual level, at prototype level and implemented in production, growing, including supplier business.
- From dissemination, a large number of companies are expected to respond and to express interest to be involved in the initiative.
The following working packages will be realized:
- Cooperation platform development,
- Ecoassessment of the region,
- 3Dprinting in production,
- Ideas in the region,